Our Daughters Are...

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

It's starting to look like a nursery!

The nursery is really starting to look like a nursery! In the 3.5 years we've been in our house, this is the first time I really want to spend time in this room (since we hadn't really done anything with it up until this point). I love how it's all starting to come together!

Matt spent a good part of this past weekend with a tiny little artist brush touching up all the edges of the two small white lines, repainting the orange stripe with another coat, and touching up some spots on the green walls. Oh, and then he went through and covered up all the corners and nail holes in the baseboards. His attention and desire to do a good job just made me realize what an amazing father he's going to be, and how much he loves me and Baby B. I really am married to a pretty awesome guy :)

Our friend Robbie came over on Sunday and helped Matt assemble the crib (Robbie's got 2 kids, so he's a pro at this by now), take all the furniture out of the boxes, and move it all from the guest room into the nursery. And then both guys were patient with me as I played around with where I wanted the furniture to be. I think this is the arrangement we're going to go with. I really wanted to use that little nook as a reading corner, but the dresser is just a bit too wide to put against the wall that juts out, and I didn't like how it looked on the wall to the left of the door. And having both the tall and long dressers and the crib facing each other on two walls just seemed a little much. So we landed on this. It'll work, at least for now. The only other furniture pieces going in the room are the ottoman for the rocking chair (it's in, just needs to be picked up) and some sort of bookshelf. Because you know it can't be my kid's room without books!

So here's the nursery so far. I've ordered a couple prints for the walls, but now it's just the fun organizing stuff that needs to be done :)












No comments:

Post a Comment