Our Daughters Are...

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Visiting family, registering, and furniture - oh, my!

It's been a busy past week or so since the last blog post. Work is starting to pick up a little bit for Matt, and I spent the first part of the week preparing for the thesis presentation I needed to give in order to finally be finished with my masters degree. Though I've had my degree in hand since graduation in May, I can finally say that all of my masters work is completed! Woo hoo! We also went to go see the final Harry Potter movie, which was great! And I drove down to visit my family Friday and Saturday. I got to spend Friday afternoon with my grandparents, and then my mom, stepdad, and I went to some yard sales on Saturday morning. My mom has been buying tons of baby stuff at yard sales - mostly gender neutral clothes, though she has bought a swing for their house. I've got several plastic grocery bags full of sleepers, onesies, socks, and bibs! My mom loves any excuse to go shopping. Seriously - when Matt and I got married she thanked me for giving her another reason to go shopping :) So I figured I'd go yard-saling with them one morning. We didn't find much, but it was good to see my family for just a bit.


Now I need to start going in to school and setting up my classroom, since I only have three weeks of summer left. This summer seems to have flown by, I think in part because I was so sick for the first half of it that I feel like summer break really just started for me a few weeks ago.


In baby-related news, Matt and I started our registry this week. We know it's still kind of early for that, but again, we're trying to get things done before we both get super-busy. We figured it was easier to get a start on our registry and add/delete things as needed than to start from scratch later. So if anyone wants to take a look at our registry so far (it's at Babie.s R U.s) and let me know if we've forgotten anything or should make any changes or whatever, feel free. There are still a few smaller things we know we need to put on there (bibs, for example), but any and all feedback is welcome.
Me with the scanner thing registering for our swing, list and Bab.y Barg.ains book in hand (please ignore the fact the my right eye is half closed - the surgeon who fixed my lazy eyelid when I was 11 didn't do the most stellar of jobs, and sometimes when I'm tired or smiling a certain way, my eye looks funky)
Matt scanning our hamper...this photo took several tries until he was happy with his "look." :)


And our baby furniture is here! Like, it's in our house! Matt and one of our friends went to go pick it up today. It came in much sooner than we thought it was going to. We're still waiting on the conversion rails, but it's not like we'll need those anytime soon anyway. They should be in soon-ish, though. But we have three big boxes sitting in our guest bedroom with all our furniture in them! They'll probably be in there for a couple months, until we can get the future nursery cleaned out (a process we started a couple weeks ago, but haven't really touched since), the room painted, the baseboards replaced (thank you cats who sometimes miss the litterbox), and the carpets cleaned. But yay for furniture!


A weekly survey and bump picture will be coming in the next day or so!




No comments:

Post a Comment