Our Daughters Are...

Thursday, August 25, 2011

So busy!

It's that time of year, when things in our house are crazy busy. I'm wrapping up week 2 of school tomorrow, and Matt's been in the midst of busy season for a couple weeks as well. What does this mean? It means that we don't really get to see each other much, except on weekends, because Matt's working late most weeknights. And I'm getting up early and staying at school well beyond contract hours to work on things for my kiddos. So we're both pretty much exhausted all the time :) Thankfully, things usually settle down after a bit and we fall into a routine. Busy season ends for Matt around the middle of September. And while there are always plenty of things to do at school, things are much crazier at the beginning of the year. Meanwhile, our yard and flowerbeds need some serious attention, our pantry is sort of bare, and laundry is only happening on the weekends right now :) Oh, and I've been going to bed early. And by early, well, let's just say that most nights last week I was in bed and asleep by about 8:30 or 9:00. And I think I'm heading to bed as soon as I finish this post - and it's not quite 8:00.

The good news is, my class this year seems pretty awesome. I'm really enjoying getting to know these 25 young children. They're curious, most of them are excited to be at school, and they're already learning a ton of stuff. As exhausted as I am by the end of the day (even when I'm not pregnant), I do love my job and the kiddos that I get to spend my time with. I'm looking forward to what I'm pretty sure is going to be a great year!

Ultrasound pictures are coming soon, as soon as we can get them scanned into the computer!

Happy almost-Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment