Our Daughters Are...

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Eleanor's Dedication and a visit to Louisville

Here are a few photos/events that I've been meaning to share but haven't quite gotten around to yet..

First of all, Eleanor was dedicated on Sunday, May 6.  My mom, stepdad, dad, and stepmom, along with my dad's parents, were able to come up for the service and dedication.  We also had several other friends and members of our house church there.  It filled my heart with joy to see the number of people who already love Eleanor (and us) so much.  Our church dedicates up to five babies at a service and they invite friends and family members to come up and pray over the babies.  Here is a picture of everyone praying over Eleanor during the dedication.  I am planning to frame this picture and put it in her room.  I love it and want Eleanor to be able to look at this when she is older and realize what a special time this was and how many people love her and want her to grow up knowing Jesus.

We were also able to make another trip down to Louisville to visit my family over Memorial Day weekend.  My aunt and uncle got to meet Eleanor, and my cousin's 3 year old son had a great time playing with Eleanor.  He tried to teach her how to crawl and how to play with cars.  He did a great job of sharing his toys with her!  During this visit we moved my grandparents into an apartment at an assisted living facility, which was hard but I think it will be really good for them.  They've already settled in, have made some friends, and are doing really well.


Here is a beautiful picture that Matt took of my Papaw with Eleanor.  I love it.  We are also framing this one to put in Eleanor's room.

Sorry for the lack of updates lately!  I've been enjoying summer break home with Eleanor and Matt, since his schedule is a bit lighter in the summer.  We've also been busy doing several projects around the house (which I'll do a post about when everything is finished).  I'm working on a post about what Eleanor has been up to lately - because believe it or not, girlfriend is going to be 6 months old next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment